The Best Pole Saw In 2023: Top 8 Reviewed & Buying Guide
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Without Any Extra Cost to You!
Last Updated on April 20, 2022 by Gary Stephen
- 1 Pole Saw Overview
- 2 Types of Pole Saw Available On the Market
- 3 Top 8 Best Pole Saw Reviews 2023
- 3.1 1. Remington RM1025SPS Ranger 10-Inch 8-Amp Electric Chainsaw/Pole Saw Combo
- 3.2 2. GreenWorks 20672 G-MAX 40V 8-Inch Cordless Pole Saw
- 3.3 3. Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch 6.5-Amp Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw
- 3.4 4. BLACK+DECKER LPP120 20V Lithium-Ion Pole Saw
- 3.5 5. Fiskars Power-Lever Extendable Pole Saw
- 3.6 6. Silky New Professional Series 179-39 Telescopic Landscaping Pole Saw
- 3.7 7. TrimmerPlus PS720 8-Inch Pole Saw
- 3.8 8. WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw
- 4 How to Use a Pole Saw – Step by Step
- 5 Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Pole Saw
- 6 Wrapping Up
Pole Saw Overview
Types of Pole Saw Available On the Market
In general four types of pole saws are available on the market. So before buying the first one you see, it’s good to know about the different types and their benefits. Then you will know what type would suit your needs.
Manual Pole Saw
Electric Pole Saw
Cordless Pole Saw
This type of pole saw is great because its portable. Cordless saws are great for large properties, lawns or even a camping trip. You get the same quality as an electric saw but the freedom of no cables. This type of saws cost a little more though. Yet they have a Ni-cad, Lithium-ion typed powerful motors. For this reason, these can perform well and cut the tougher tree limbs and the thick undergrowth. A lithium-ion battery powered pole saw will give a long-lasting performance over time.
Gas Pole Saw
Top 8 Best Pole Saw Reviews 2023
We aim to help all the gardening lovers who want to use high-quality garden tools at an affordable rate. So, we have done research based on materials, quality and useful features. We are hoping this guideline will lead you to your desired pole saw and save your precious time. Here’s our 8 renowned models of pole saw reviews for you.
|Remington RM1025SPS Ranger Electric Chainsaw/Pole Saw||Corded Electric||15 pounds||Check Price|
|GreenWorks 20672 G-MAX 40V 8-Inch Cordless Pole Saw||Battery Power||8.4 pounds||Check Price|
|Sun Joe SWJ800E Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw||Corded Electric||7 pounds||Check Price|
|BLACK+DECKER LPP120 20V Lithium-Ion Pole Saw||Battery Power||8.9 pounds||Check Price|
|Fiskars Power-Lever Extendable Pole Saw||Cell 5 / 3||5.3 pounds||Check Price|
|Silky New Professional Telescopic Landscaping Pole Saw||Battery Power||7.5 pounds||Check Price|
|TrimmerPlus PS720 8-Inch Pole Saw||Gas-powered||3.4 pounds||Check Price|
|WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw||Corded Electric||10 pounds||Check Price|
1. Remington RM1025SPS Ranger 10-Inch 8-Amp Electric Chainsaw/Pole Saw Combo
Our first pole saw review is for Remington RM1025SPS Ranger Chainsaw/Pole Saw Combo. Under $100, this is a nice choice. It has a standard size to slice up small and medium-size limbs of a tree. It features a low kickback 10-inch bar and chain that makes it easier to use. For gardeners who struggle to reach the highest parts of their garden can relax now. With the help of this pole saw they could reach the heights between 10 to 15 feet with ease. Detaching the chainsaw from the pole for cleaning is also hassle free.
Pros and Cons
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Quiet performance.
- Less expensive than other cordless and gas units.
- Nonslip grip to enable comfortable use.
- Easier to cut hard branches.
- Reported as customer support is slow to respond.
Remington RM1025SPS Ranger is a brilliant choice to cut or shape your branches. It takes less time than other competitive models to do the same job. You will be happy to know it’s easier to flip and lock the clamps once you finished the trimming of the branches. We recommend you try this gas-powered pole saw once in your life.
2. GreenWorks 20672 G-MAX 40V 8-Inch Cordless Pole Saw
These days working with an electrical tool has become more of a trend. People want to use more energy-saving methods. Such an efficient garden tool is the GreenWorks 20672 G-MAX Pole Saw. It’s company have a vision of reducing gasoline usage and harmful emissions. People loved it a lot because the tool is an excellent example of efficiency and value. Buying this pole saw means it will never let spent money go in vain.
Pros and Cons
- It has longer battery life.
- Easy assembly not takes more than five minutes.
- Quick charging battery, convenient and reliable.
- Works well on larger branches.
- Great for cutting acacia, paloverde, pine, ironwood, and mesquite.
- Reported as battery removal is difficult.
Those who are looking for an efficient workhorse saw must try this one. The automatic oiling system is an added bonus along with the points mentioned above. There is no need to always lubricate the chainsaw blade, it does the job right away.
3. Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch 6.5-Amp Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw
At a reasonable price, Sun Joe Electric Pole Chain Saw happens to be one of the best electric poles saws. Because of its popularity, the model has become one of the top-selling tools of its company. Loved by many, satisfied users said the pole saw has many helpful features. Anyone can afford this beautiful garden tool. It is low-budget, perfect for anyone who is looking for a quality pole saw under $80. Also, it has a powerful 6.5 amp motor & an excellent telescoping pole.
Pros and Cons
- A CSA approved long-lasting pole saw.
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs.
- Powerful motor cuts branches up to 7.5 inches thick.
- Added an auto oiler to keep the bar and chain fully lubricated during use.
- Includes a safety switch to prevent an accidental start.
- Few claimed the oiler oils too fast.
Sun Joe SWJ800E is an advanced model. Compared to the previous version, it helps lubricate the chain whenever it’s needed. So it can ensure a long-lasting and hassle-free cut. In a word, Sun Joe is a perfect solution for almost any type of tree, cutting branches or limb trimming. The most important thing is it’s something you can rely on completely. On top of that, the safety switch adds advanced protection for the gardener.
4. BLACK+DECKER LPP120 20V Lithium-Ion Pole Saw
For a reasonable price a good symbol of quality and durability is the BLACK+DECKER Pole Saw. This fantastic pole saw will last for years. In most cases people have concerns over battery life. With this pole saw there is no worry about battery lifespan. The pole saw features a 20-volt lithium-ion battery system. As a result, it can cut through 100 1-1/2-inch branches on a single charge so doesn’t need to be on charge all the time. Nonetheless, battery performance is better than regular ones compared to other pole saws.
- Great maneuverability with no wires to get in the way.
- Very lightweight provides the longest maximum reach.
- The amazing cutting method with 20-volt max lithium ion battery.
- It requires no maintenance.
- Good battery offers a satisfactory warranty for peace of mind.
- Have to oil manually the chain and bar.
Being one of the lightest poles saw of the review it also ensures a minimal vibration while in use. Extending the pole to reach tall trees makes easy work to cut the difficult to reach branches. BLACK+DECKER Pole Saw will help you in all ways to cut high branches with less effort. It has a great ability to hold a battery charge for quite a long time. According to most of the pole saw reviews, you won’t regret once you try it.
5. Fiskars Power-Lever Extendable Pole Saw
Our next pick is Fiskars Extendable Pole Saw. You can use this simple tool for different operations. It has some useful features that made it number one in the current market. Most of the gardeners testing it considered it one of the best poles saw for their needs. The most sophisticated feature of this tool is its Teflon coated saw blade and the pruner head.
Pros and Cons
- The beautiful pole saw can reach up to 14 feet tall.
- Comes with a 15-inch Wood zig saw for more versatility.
- It has durable saw blades.
- Extendable pole saw.
- Ideal for heavy-duty tree trimming.
- Requires low maintenance.
- Recommended using for larger branches.
- The extension lock is poorly designed.
Those who have already used the Fiskars Pole Saw know the great value of this tool. It is very practical and durable to use. The model ensures cutting branches with it means less time. Using the tool is very easy; hold the bottom of the pole with one hand and the upper with the other hand. Then this will allow you to perform a twisting movement to cut with ease.
6. Silky New Professional Series 179-39 Telescopic Landscaping Pole Saw
If you are looking for the best pole saw for commercial or for home use, then check out this next brand. The Silky New Professional Series is available at a reasonable price. The goal of this outdoor garden tool is to achieve performance with precision. You can use a manual pole saw for domestic and professional purposes too. It’s well built with quality materials.
Pros and Cons
- Perfect choice for trimming trees and clearing dense bushes.
- Durable and easy to operate.
- The aluminum body makes it very light but sturdy.
- Can extend to hard to reach parts of the trees.
- It is very easy to control.
- Ideal for large properties and lawn areas.
- Few complained engines take some time to warm up.
Until now most of the users voted for this Silky New Professional Series 179-39. Of all brands are available on the market, this pole saw provides the highest quality. If you want to get a smooth and fast cutting performance from a professional quality pole saw then give this a try.
7. TrimmerPlus PS720 8-Inch Pole Saw
Another excellent choice of pole saw is the TrimmerPlus Pole Saw with Bar and Chain. This tool will help you to reach the highest branches of your tree. It is one of the best gas poles saw that doesn’t come with a motor. After getting this product, you needs to attach it to a gas-powered unit so that it can perform well.
Pros and Cons
- Allows for versatile use.
- Offer the chain a stable and consistent flow of power.
- It self-lubricates the chain.
- No extra tools required to install it.
- Can attach with more trimmer heads like Remington, Craftsman, and Troy-Bilt.
- One drawback is it might require some cleaning often.
It’s time to make your job less tiring and hand over the work to a high-end pole saw unit. For your convenience, it comes with two sections that allow for two height options. With its help, you can easily cut or trim the unwanted branches of your tree. It enables you to stand on the ground complete your work safely. It has a decent weight and price range, so anyone can afford it.
8. WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw
Pros and Cons
- The pole comes with a compact design.
- Allow working longer hours.
- Provides comfortable grip.
- Equipped with an automatic oiler window.
- It does not emit too much sound.
- Demands low maintenance due to the patented design.
- Few claimed it has some issues with oil leakage.
In general, the WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw provides efficient and effortless cutting. Each time you use the chain you need to check the correct tension. Otherwise it won’t cut the branches in a precise manner. A bonus is it includes automatic lubrication. Also included are a safety lock mechanism and rotatable working handles.
How to Use a Pole Saw – Step by Step
Among those are those who are using a pole saw for the first time, we can feel for them. You may have already bought a pole saw, but can’t figure out how to use it. So, if all your effort went belly up don’t worry, we are here for you. We will describe a few easy steps so that you can use the pole saw yourself. In this case, you may adopt some of these techniques as we show below.
Check the Chain/Bar
The first task is to check the chain/bar to see whether the chain has enough lubrication or not. You also need to check whether the pole for the saw is maintained well or not. Remember, your pole will only be stable if it’s locked into the right place. Otherwise, it could create problems. You have to make sure all the teeth on the saw blade are in proper alignment and well sharpened. Missing any teeth could be a problem for its performance.
Choose a Stable Position
Now you have to stand in a stable position from where you can hold the saw firmly. Then hold the pole with your left hand, during this time your arm should be straight. Make sure that there are no plants or debris between yourself and the limb you want to cut. If there is any, remove it right away. Sometimes cutting a large branch needs to cut in small sections so you can stick to your goal. In this manner, it’s good to start cutting at horizontal surfaces. It’s also better to try to stay as much as close to the main trunk.
Start From The Bottom
Does it seem confusing from where start? Okay, try to cut the bottom first. If you can work underneath from one angle in a “V” shape, then it will be easier for you to proceed. Later on, operate in a reverse direction and continue until you can cut a little from the bottom of the wood.
Then Cut the Top Side
Now cut from the top side or at least close to the top side as much as possible. It’s recommended to break through the bark, keep noticing where it comes off in pieces and falls. It’s very important to know about your surroundings during this period. Afterward, put a little pressure on the bark surface and cut all the way of it.
Wear a Good Pair of Gloves
Don’t forget to wear a good pair of leather work gloves to protect your hands. These will give you a good grip and secure your position. Check whether you are standing underneath the part of the tree that is about to fall on the ground or not. Here comes the benefit of using a pole saw. You can finish the cut from the other side where you are safe.
Some Safety Tips
- Check whether there are any electrical wires or objects near the branches.
- If you want to cut branches thicker than eight inches, seek a professional’s opinion.
- Do not try to operate in wet or rainy weather.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Pole Saw
Before placing an order, you should know what features are important for a pole saw. Keep this in mind while shopping; so you can buy a pole saw suitable for your needs. We are including some important factors that let you know what the best one is.
Consider the Weight
This is the most important fact about a pole saw. When you are looking for a pole saw, pay attention to its weight. Because you are going to hold it in your hands for a long time. In this regard, we would like to recommend buying a lightweight garden tool. It should not be heavy and still ensures the highest quality. Gas-powered pole saws are a little bit heavier than others yet corded saws are easy to carry.
By always having this concern you can avoid accidents. Nowadays, more advanced pole saws are coming on the market. Many brands now are including anti-vibration features, good grip handles as standard. This is to ensure your safety.
Design is a Fact
Design plays a vital role in a pole saw because it shows how easy to use it. Reviewers recommend choosing a compact designed tool in their pole saw pruner reviews. Making it easy to operate and maneuver for the gardener. When you own a lightweight, compact pole saw, it can help you to cut the most stubborn branches with ease.
Consider the Power
The Length of the Pole Matters
Do you know the more the length, the higher you can cut the branches and trim them? With this in different mind length of the pole are available in the market, which is more likely 8 to 12 feet. That’s why don’t forget looking forward to checking the length in case of a garden tool, especially for a pole saw. According to American Tree Service Supply, you will be able to use a pole saw with 30 to 35 branches. You can also trim large trees without any trouble.
Budget Is a Concern
Nowadays, many reasonable pole saws are available in the market. They have various types from any price range. For this reason, anyone could afford a pole saw from low to high rates. In general, you can buy one between $100 to $1000 according to your requirements.
Although it’s not a thing, get your pole saw from renowned brands. They always offer a satisfactory warranty on their products. Even for some users, it’s a peace of mind to have a good warranty. All the same, our recommended the best pole saws have up to 2-3 years warranty for their users.